The European Registry for Minimally Invasive Pancreatic Surgery
The European Minimally Invasive Pancreatic Surgery (E-MIPS) registry, endorsed by the E-AHPBA, started in 2019. The aim of the registry is to monitor safety outcomes and to aid in future research projects. This registry collects data on all laparoscopic and robotic pancreatic procedures (including distal pancreatectomy, enucleation, central pancreatectomy and pancreatoduodenectomy) performed in EAHPBA centers. In the first 8 months of 2019, a total of 450 patients from 38 centers in 17 countries have been enrolled. Here some features:
- Participation in the registry is for free?
- Both low-and high volume centers are invited to join and are listed on www.e-mips.com?
- Each year, every center will receive their outcomes in comparison to the other (anonymous) centers.
- All centers have continuous online access to their own data
- All participating centers are able to send in proposals for studies which will be reviewed by the EMIPS scientific committee.
We are setting up collaborations with national ongoing registries in Italy, The Netherlands and Norway so that data can be transferred automatically to avoid the need for double data entry.
To sign up for the E-MIPS registry please use this link which will lead you to a short (2-3 minutes) survey, so we have some baseline information of your center on type of resections performed and volume. Here you will also find the website where you can create an account for our electronic database (CASTOR).
For any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact our registry coordinators or have a look on www.e-mips.com.
We hope to welcome you soon.
|Registry coordinators:||Registry steering committee:|
|Nicky van der Heijde||Mo Abu Hilal, Marc Besselink and the|
|Giuseppe Zimmitti||E-MIPS steering committee|
|Frederique Vissers||E-MIPS national leads|
|Leia Jones||E-AHBPA Innovation and Development committee|