The E-AHPBA will be the prime regional organisation of the IHPBA devoted to relief of worldwide human suffering caused by hepato-pancreato-biliary (HPB) disorders, by improving education, training, innovation, and patient care.
The mission of the E-AHPBA is to improve evidence-based care and optimise the outcome of patients with HPB disorders throughout the world by:
- Disseminating research findings and best treatment practices
- Advancing HPB specific training
- Fostering research and innovation
- Encouraging multidisciplinary collaboration
The principles of the E-AHPBA are as follows:
- The E-AHPBA is committed to excellence in patient care and is devoted to elevating standards of care throughout the world.
- The E-AHPBA encourages the recruitment, mentorship, training, and career development of individual interested in hepato-pancreato-biliary disorders.
- The E-AHPBA embraces a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of hepato-pancreato-biliary disorders and fosters collegial relationships
- The E-AHPBA encourages membership by qualified candidates interested in hepato-pancreato-biliary disorders including anaesthesiologists, hepatologists, gastroenterologists, radiologists, oncologists, surgeons, transplant physicians, nurses, allied health professionals, and investigators
The E-AHPBA is committed to the highest ethical standards in research, education, organizational operation, and interaction with industry.
The objectives of the E-AHPBA are to:
- Foster the development of HPB as a speciality
- Have the World Congress be the prime international HPB meeting.
- Establish HPB as an outstanding journal in the field.
- Set standards for and accredit HPB fellowship training programs
- Strengthen ties with HPB Regional Associations and National Chapters.
- Foster mutually beneficial relationships with other speciality organisations supporting our mission and principles.
- Expand education and support for HPB patients.
- Support HPB research and career development through the European Fellowship.
- Encourage HPB clinical trials to advance evidence-based medicine.
- Develop HPB-related practice guidelines.
- Expand membership
- Manage the Association in a financially sound, effective, and efficient manner.
- Optimise communication by a web-based membership directory, an e-newsletter, and an online journal.
- Acknowledge significant individual contributions through the HPB medallion.
- Document the rich history of the Association.
The Council of E-AHPBA
based on HPB, Volume 8, Number 4 – 2006, p. 243-247